Let's Get Healthy!
Play Well. Live Well.
Resources for Pediatric Obesity
Let’s Get Healthy! is a new, 10 week healthy-living program, developed specifically for kids age 9 to 13, that educates child and parent on how to live a healthy, active lifestyle.
By partnering child with parent, families learn to participate as a team and stay motivated through their journey into wellness.
A Team Approach
Let’s Get Healthy! is designed to get results in a whole new way. We use a multidisciplinary approach, offering guidance, insight and education. Each part of our team is committed to reaching your child through engaging messages to reshape their thinking regarding food, nutrition and exercise.
Knowledge is Power
With an emphasis on behavior modification, participants develop a healthy lifestyle by increasing their knowledge on various topics, such as:
- Nutrition: Participants learn about mindful eating, including: portion sizes, label reading, fast food and snack choices, quick and healthy meals, smart grocery shopping and maintaining a food journal.
- Behavior Modification: Training includes rethinking, setting, maintaining and celebrating goals. Other conversations and training offer fresh ideas on staying motivated, body image, self-esteem, emotional eating, stress and time management, personal responsibility and accountability, peer influence, bullying and coping skills.
- Physical Activity: Exercise has been proven to burn calories and keep off weight. We offer a variety of fun and affordable ways to exercise on your own, even at home. We also offer great tips on how to maintain an active lifestyle.
Easy As 5-2-1-0
Henry Ford Department of Pediatrics created and easy-to-remember educational tool called 5-2-1-0, which offers guidelines for each day, including:
- 5 fruits and vegetables
- 2 hours or less of screen time
- 1 hour or more of physical activity
- 0 sugar-added beverages
Begin Your Journey to Health Today!
To learn more, please complete our online information request form or call (313) 874-6653.